Peaceful and Pretty

.
.
.

.
.

Architectural Digest Mar 2003, William Hodgins
.
I have been dreaming of an escape like this one for quite some time now. Quiet and Quaint, a place to enjoy freely all my favorite things. Reading, Writing, Cooking, Sleeping in the sun.. my mind feels rested just looking over these images. Maybe it's the feminine touches that are so inviting, the scalloped edges, the white flowers, that beautiful pink floral bedspread. Or is it the soft blue palette that feels cool and calm that is calling me to rest. Interior Designer William Hodgins restored this bright space to, what it may have looked like back in 1916. Beautifully detailed crown mouldings and trim, and a dark stained floors to contrast all the softness. Modern touches include floor to ceiling French doors and windows, perfect for letting in light and a gorgeous view of the river. Filled with fine art & collectables, this 100 year old property has finally found the owner it deserves. I just wish I knew her.

17 comments:

  1. Vitania, That is the most beautiful home. I love reading your blogs! You always have something that just grabs me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I feel so calm just looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful home. Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog - I am so pleased that you did as now I have found your gorgeous blog which I have added to my list of favourites.

    A bientot,

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fresh looking! Love the outside of the house, as well as the gray blue being used inside with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love all the pictures, especially the library! I'm a big fan of hydrangeas, the bouquets are catching my eye. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vitania, you always find the most beautiful homes. They all have a serene feel to them. . The pool is to die for! I love your blog! Thanks again for sharing another beautiful post.

    Tiaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I knew the owner... I could use a little getaway to that home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ADs 100.
    I wonder if she allows visitors or use its as her sanctuary from her day to day world. I'm not selfish by any means but the quietness of the home would make me less gracious.
    We should take boat out on the Potomac scour the for the house , drop anchor & offer to be her new best friends...or housekeepers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. It would be hard to get too hurried in that house. I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love that iron bed! So pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love that house, especially the exterior with the awnings! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you stopped by House of Turquoise and commented!! I just LOVE your blog, and this home is incredible. I wish I knew the owner too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each photo got better and better!
    Those lounge chairs are calling my name :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the bed seems to be very comfortable, I would stay in bed all day long!
    Did you have a nice weekend? See ya!
    http://alices-adventuresinwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi peoples! How do I subscribe? I don't see a subscribe button... help! Can someone email me at ginafair@aol.com thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog, so stylish!
    Cheers,
    Victoria
    http://vintagegirl1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That leather wingback chair is amazing! What a beautiful home! -carlee

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails