Sage Moss Apple Pea, Jade Grass Verdigris



Looking to add some colour to your neutral home but don't know where to begin? Alas, the answer lies here. You can't go wrong when you take inspiration from colours that grace the natural world. And that is exactly what Richard Hallberg and Barbara Wisely did for this Newport Beach home. The source of inspiration, a pear tree, just before full blossom. With soft greens, rich buds, white flowers, and gray branches. Doesn't that sound beautiful?



This Dining room is exquisite with it's warm cognac table, contrasting beautifully against the cooler taupe and gray. The green botanical prints and potted florals add a punch of lively colour, and the crystal chandelier is incredibly dramatic. (Dining Chairs and Chandelier by Dennis & Leen)
.







Every room has a refreshing twist on the inspirational theme and colour palette. There are wonderful surprises at every corner. In the bedroom, simple and tasteful Iron bed that mimics branches, botanical print on curtains.. and a recurrence of that soft pear green in bedding. The introduction of yellow is carried straight through to the outdoors with lemon trees sitting in planters.
.


Although this home is filled with many antiques and traditional pieces, it feels very updated and refreshed. The brilliant layers of green are revitalizing, just as nature intended.
.
Photo Credit: Veranda Magazine, July August 2009

16 comments:

  1. Well you know my love of green so all I can say is wow!!!!! The entry, dining room & the chaise in front of the fireplace are soooo me.
    Its so cute that you mentioned the risotto on my basil post. I was going to add it but thought another paragraph would be rambling.
    I do the ice cubes too & always throw one in my soups. My German family joke that I was a switched at birth baby...with an Italian out there with a boring little Gerrman kid. Grazie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Green is such a soothing colour and works well in most spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that green! The softness draws me into these inspiration pictures. I could live in any one of those rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sage green. It is such a soothing, relaxing color. A perfect color choice for people who are afraid to incoporate color into their home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous color! Whether as a touch or as a more dominant presence, this color is fresh and energizing.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my favourite shade of green! Love all those images!! Stunning post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I thought wah? What is she talking about? I got it now, and yes, it's better, I did read it this time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore green and it's many shades. Green has the largest range from light pistachio, citrus lime, granny smith green, hunter green, to olive green..and it all works well together as nature intended.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    I'm glad I found you here. Green is my mother's favorite color, and for such a long time I ran from it - just because I wanted to be different from her. But now I'm older (and wiser) and find myself gravitating toward green more and more.

    You've got a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't beat the colors of nature! I am in love with this house! The dining room is breathtaking with the splahes of green. The iron bed is so lovely! Vitania, another beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your lovely birthday wishes. I adore green and find it soothing and refreshing at the same time. Beautiful blog.

    I must say that chaise in the last post - top choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These rooms are gorgeous. They are elegant and also look very relaxing. I love the greens it really brings the outside in. Fabulous post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Vitania, I just checked the blog you recommended and it really is delightful... Thank you very much!! Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore that "granny smith apple" green. It is my new favorite for accessorizing...very nice post!
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! The palette is so earthy and warm. And of course, adore the canopy bed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. green is my color.
    it is so soothing.
    and these images are stunning.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails