Perfectly Tailored


With the wave of grey hitting the design world this year, it's only prudent to reflect on an interior designed by someone with an excellent grasp of this often underestimated colour. Frank Roop's decision to use numerous shades of grey in his very own Boston home is nothing short of breathtaking ! It exudes calm, comfort and sophistication, with it's washed walls, velvet fabrics, and precise arrangement of furnishings. Colours pop against the muted grey background. The rich shades of Indigo blue and avocado green couldn't be more perfect.
.
The collection of artwork is also spectacular. The metal sculpture over the fireplace in the dining room is a brilliant departure from the traditional canvas hanging. Contemporary art on canvas, with tones that perfectly balance each room, and even a gallery of photography add interest to this already enchanting interior.
.
.
The entryway stunning, with venetian plaster on walls, mosaic tiles on floor and that wonderful green light fixture. Inspired by fashion and clothing, Frank Roop's interiors really are like a perfectly tailored outfit that blend modern, Classic and vintage seamlessly.
.
Read More about Frank Roop on All the Best, Profile By Ronda Carman
.
You can visit Frank Roop's website at www.frankroop.com for more inspiring interiors. Photos and original story from Elle Decor , The Sartorialist

15 comments:

  1. All of the rooms reflected here are beautiful! Sometimes grey can feel cold, but not these rooms. Love the bursts of color against the greys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marie that grey can feel cold at times but these rooms exude soothing comfort.
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    I found my way here through Twitter and am so glad that I did:) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who said grey is cold? I love grey in all its shades and uses! I even like it when its all concrete and raw! .. Grey is my new Black and White.. it matches with everything. Heck I even wear grey all the time with dashes of color here and there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grey more in the winter months...from all my years of wool crepe pants & winter uniforms as a child overseas, but for me domestically, I can do with only a splash here & there alongside mirror or shiny.
    I even tried pairing with brigheters but for my home..not so much. Strange how memory affects color...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely .. all this talk of grey being cold .. not in these homes! I've renewed my appreciation for the softness that grey can add to decor + then you can have a ton of fun with a splash of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way the color stands out against the gray; and I agree, that it doesn't look cold but very warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cabinets with the uppers and the lowers in different colours!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kitchen and the entryway is tops ... I wish I could have a neat and immaculate kitchen as that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way he adds pops of color throughout the house. The green chandelier is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought of myself as "perfectly tailored" but I have been wrong!! WOW! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue throughout these spaces. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is excellent with color. I think I saved every picture from his web site on my inspirational file.
    Great post.
    X
    V

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every room I've repainted in the last couple of years, I've painted a shade of gray. It's such a fabulous colour -- it can create a soft & soothing room, or be a great backdrop for bright pops of colour, like in many of the rooms you posted.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that little desk tucked away under the starburst mirror! Thanks for stopping by my blog a while back! I finally got the chance to get over to your blog :) -carlee

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails