Fields of Gold






.
Tobi Fairley did a blog post recently on her love of art. It was there that I first came across a painting from fine artist Andy Reed. Inspired by the regions of Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas, these wonderful paintings capture perfectly the serene beauty of the country. Through colour & scale, life is projected to what is often deemed dull. Working from memory, his paintings are very much like enhanced colour photographs. The opaque effect over the sky and fields is tranquil, and the subtle details of the trees are alluring.
.
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we walk in fields of gold"
...........................................................................Sting
.
You can see more works at Tobi Fairley Gallery, along with a collection of other artists from Arkansas and the Southern Regions of the US.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. I love his paintings.....peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. There's nothing I love more than a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for doing this beautiful post on artist Andy Reed. We love having Andy in our gallery. He is such a talent and the fact that he is such a pleasure to work with is a bonus! He is very deserving of this publicity! You are wonderful! xoxo Tobi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this artist he is incredibly talented. I love the landscapes, colors and the softness the paintings exude. They are unbelievably beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These remind me of West Tennessee where my husband grew up. Beautiful country-beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really beautiful! I am going to share them with a friend who has been searching for something very much like his work...the power of the blogging world is wonderful.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remind me of Kentucky and the flat rolling hills.
    I find landscapes to be so soothing - such as these.
    I shall add you to my blog roll. I always love things with a patina.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely paintings... I love the trees!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pieces and a wonderful lyric to go with them.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails