Historic Journey


In a building that dates back to 1720, an apartment in Rome gets restored with a touch of Paris. This home featured in Marie Claire Italia, is rich in old details and some classic French Furnishings. My Italian needs some brushing up, but from what I gathered, the owner of this home went to great lengths to find information detailing the original plans of the building.
.


Located in Campo dei Fiori, the home was built by architects and engineers who worked at Saint Peter's. They left an incredible account of the homes structure. As a result, partitions were removed to uncover a series of rooms, original brick walls, wood beam ceiling's, 5 fireplaces, and doors in Windows made from the wood of pear trees. The wood was carefully stripped to it's original condition. The homeowners embarked on incredible historic journey in the process of restoring what they now call home.
.


The design choices in the restored home are superb. White marble flooring, creamy white walls and linen slipcovers make for a very bright and refreshing home. Classical pieces of furniture standout against the light backdrop, including a beautiful antique iron day bed, and a an updated Louis XVI chandelier and console. Of course, one would expect nothing less than a completely modernize.d kitchen from Italians, it's the one place there is no room for anything old. Some old wood furnishings were used to warm up the contemporary cooking space.
.

Marie Claire Maison Italia
.
What a wonderful place to call home, surrounded by history and all the comforts of home.
.
Thanks to Federica at Sweet as Candy for first posting on this incredible home.
.

12 comments:

  1. I think I need an apt in Roma... and it had an Eiffel Tower... how more perfect can it get!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutley LOVE THIS!!!!!!
    This is MY style & I love everything about it!
    I LOVE the Floors. I want them! I wanted to do a sink Just like that in the bathroom forever! I LOVE RAW materials, I LOVE marble & would LOVE brick. How wonderful is that in the bedroom.Perfect for children & their messes, easy to clean up & indestructable. Of course all w/ fabulous carpets/rugs!!!
    I once seen that brick in a Kitchen I fell i love with.
    I want it all!
    Thank You My sweet friend! Your Brilliant!
    Joelle XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa..those doors & shutters are just the icing on a divine, wish it was mine pastry, ' cause the word cake just isnt good enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the light color palette on the walls...contrasting with dark wood. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really breathtaking! I adore all of the natural and rustic elements, yet it still feels so fresh and clean. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning space! Beautiful and rustic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An apartment in the Campo dei Fiori is the stuff my dreams are made of. A drop dead gorgeous apartment in the Campo dei Fiori is almost too much to bear. Wow. I cannot imagine how much this cost --it's just as well that there aren't any price tags on this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VV....on another note...I just changed my password on Twitter to see it that cuts down on the spamming...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this truly is an amazing home. I could just move right in! I love the lighter pallet with the natural wood contrasts...that is one of my favorite design themes.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning and what a spectacular location and history. They did an amazing job. It's almost too beautiful to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty! Oh I love it!
    XV

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am absolutely drooling over this. The floors, windows, doors, chandeliers, etc...LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails