Purely Simple

.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
Architectural Digest, October 2005

Built from the ground up, this incredible home on the shoreline of Nantucket Island is an elegant family retreat Designed by Victoria Hagan, its a perfect example of timeless style. Victoria's gift for balance and symmetry is impressive. Featured in Architectural Digest, October 2005, this home was designed true to the spirit of Nantucket. The white backdrop is a beautiful canvas for the sea and sky. Soft gray and blues are delicately arranged in the family room, a palette, inspired by a painting. The open kitchen is perfect for relaxed meals, and good conversation. With rich food furnishings contrasting crisp white linens, it's purely simple with a hint of sophistication.
.
All photos and information from Architectural Digest, October 2005

15 comments:

  1. Those are such beautiful images! i love the bathroom with the tub! Nantucket is my favorite island and the architecture and design of the houses is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean, classic and very refreshing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that were my house, I would have to act all balanced and grown up.
    I think I would like to give it a try!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is DIVINE! Such a soothing palette and clean feel! My favorite is the third picture...I LOVE those built-ins, the abundance of white, and that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria Hagan's work is spectacular. Everything she touches goes from drab to fab just like that. I love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the white slip covered club chairs in the living room.
    nice lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The white just works beautifully in this scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would call this Nantucket perfection. It's so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the casual elegance of it all, the only thing missing is ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is divine! So calming and stylish. Me LOVE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These rooms make me tilt my head to the side and sigh! Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this house! The dining room and bathroom would be in my dream home! Actually, in looking back at the photos, I'll just take the entire house! It is so elegant, but also so understated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me need bathroom!!!!!
    Wow the decor monster inside really took over for this post!!! But can you blame him...what a home to bring him to life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That kitchen is incredibly beautiful - I love how it has so many windows. It might be more practical in a design of a home to have the kitchen in the interior, but something about a kitchen with a lot of windows really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails