House Beautiful Colour Personality

When Maria Killam of the fabulous Blog, Colour me Happy tagged me to participate in the House Beautiful: What is you Colour Personality quiz, I couldn't resist. If you haven't read Maria's Blog, you should definitely start. Maria will give you incredible insight and confidence into colour, design and styling. This was a really good exercise for me, especially since a new season is upon us, and I am looking to explore new colours. I encourage you to give it a go as well.

1. What's the first color you see in the morning? I am not sure of the exact shade but this is very close. It's a beautiful warm gray! .


Behr

.
2. What color are your eyes? Brown Hair, Brown Eyes

- I love this beautiful picture – although while looking closer in daylight – her eyes may be some other colour.. but you get it ..:-)

Vogue Paris

(via a glamorous little side project)

3. What color do you wear the most? A lot of blue, especially this blue, cerulean – it's like deep ocean waters..


Monique L'Hullier
.

14. What color do you never wear? Lemon yellow – something terrible happens when this colour gets to close to my skin.


Kerry Harrison Photography
.

5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy? Definitely whites – I think because it' s simple and pure, and natural. That is my idea of sexy. I love to add a little dark or bold colour contrast! .



Ralph Lauren


6. What color gets you the most compliments? Red, it's very dramatic, so not too often for me …but it is a beautiful colour!


Valentino, Of Course

7. What color is your lipstick? Nude Bobbi Brown – I am all about very natural make up – Although, I have been known to really play around with different looks for a night out.


8. What color was your living room when you were growing up? It was the calmest room in our house, creamy white walls, gray carpet and a sofa that was white and blue velvet floral. It was actually quite lovely.



9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up? It was a beautiful shade of green. Who am I kidding, it was the 70's, not much was beautiful them, but I loved it. Here it's done beautifully as wallpaper and complimented with white, but I had a huge brown bed..and I can't even remember the other furnishings..:-) .



10. What color are your sheets? Creamy whites. Don't mess around with my sheets, beautiful clean cream sheets always make me feel rested. I like hug pillows so I mix up with some natural grays and taupe.



Restoration Hardware


11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child? Green any and all shades – I would spend hours colouring green grass, and big beautiful trees, and houses and flowers.. and... and...and…


Flickr

12. What color is your car? Green tea - silly really. How will you ever know how good you look in your car, unless you are lucky enough to drive by a huge Mirror!! Ain't she a beauty.



Honda CRV


13. What color was your prom dress? Much like my wedding dress. Cream. My mother made it for me it was a mini skirt, with a cream bustier, and a lace bolero jacket. No pics, not in a million years! And this was the wedding dress, of course I had it made, but it was equally beautiful.




Monique L'Huillier


14. What's your favorite gemstone? The Emerald !


My Jewellery Box ! (just kidding, somewhere on web)


15. What is your favourite flower? Ohhh – it's a toss up - sometimes hydrangea – sometimes the peony.


Sophie Dahy Designs

16. What color makes you happiest? At this point – I am sure you can guess. Green, Verdigris to be exact!


Veranda Magazine

17. What color depresses you? Black – I know I know – people love black and it's drama – the dress, the suit, b & w photos, and so on... For me it's easy, and it's safe. And when I don't have the time or the desire to put that 110% into a look, that is depressing.


Somewhere on web, sorry

18. What color calms you? Oh definitely cool blue !


Tobi Fairley

19. What color makes you grind your teeth? I actually embrace all colours, but I will see my least favorite is eggplant – that deep purple, that could almost be brown… It never impresses me. Although, this is pretty cool, i could never.




Living Etc



20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to? I love lilac – it's soothing and definitely relaxing, and feminine. Probably where the fear comes in, i wouldn't want it to look to girly or childlike.

Please let me know (in comments) if you decide to post the colour quiz on your blog. I would love to read it!.. Hey?? So what is my Colour Personality ? I'll find out and update.

14 comments:

  1. That woman dressed in black made me laugh! I would be depressed too when you put it that way!! Great post, I'll link it to that post of mine so anyone looking will find yours! THanks a lot for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the quiz too and did a little post about color but not my answers. thanks for sharing yours..very enjoyabe to read...i love love that wedding dress! -carlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed learning a little about you via the colours you love... or don't love! :-) Great car colour, and Honda CRVs are great! And your wedding dress... lovely! Kelly and I really enjoyed doing this quiz, and it seems that you did too!
    Victoria @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This was such a fun post! This quiz seems to really give you insight highlighting the things that make you who you are. I remember doing exercises like this in school. I will definitely do it and will let you know when I post. Cannot wait to see what your color personality is!

    PstPst..I missed you my friend--hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure that we were not separated at birth> I love everything here...but black I must admit is easy, a bit safe, but easy.
    love everything you posted.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Vitania....
    In my mind when I answer those questions I am all mixed up! I may have to do the quiz and find pix as you did to solidify who I am!
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vitania, great post per usual, and thanks for using our arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I love this! I think color is such a peak into someones personality. One of the first questions I ask a new client is what color do you love and hate. That wedding dress is GORGEOUS and I would die for that emerald. Great series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous tag, darling! Love all the runway images and serene spaces!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this HB color personality quiz, and I love your colors. My wedding dress was similar to the one that you posted - very classic. Kind of reminds me of an updated version of Caroline Kennedy's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing wedding dress. I love the color you've chosen. I love the same stone 'cause I have an old pair of emerald earings and an emerald bracelet that my granny gave to me.

    Amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missed you tons whilst galivanting through the Lowcountry. All the lush green would make you drool as much as I did.
    We are quite alike color wise. The peonies & hydrangeas were the seal to the deal. I can never choose either. By the by my next Honda is going to be green too. No kidding I'm off to the sale on Tuesday....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you tell me who that brown haired brown eyed model is?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be the lovely Lara Stone

    http://fashiongonerogue.com/year-in-review-2009s-leading-woman-lara-stone/

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails