Georgian charm

.
.
.
.
.
.
Who can resist the balance and symmetry of a colonial Georgian home? All those beautiful windows perfectly aligned to let light in, and floor plans that are generous and uniform. Unfortunately no photo to reference exterior, but here are a few of the complimentary interior. This home is filled with rich traditional details; crown mouldings, wood panelled library, and luxurious carrera marble. And yet with all it's elaborate detailing, it is uncomplicated and incredibly elegant. A subtle colour palette is soft and inviting, and the perfect element of surprise, a dramatic dining room. Designed by Windsor Smith, it is clearly a reflection of her appreciation for craftsmanship, and her ability to update classic design.
.
All photos taken from the Windsor Smith home Site.

13 comments:

  1. How entirely lovely is this home?! I do love the symmetry, it is just so appealing to me. Windsor Smith is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitania ~ you described what I was thinking, but couldn't find the words, "uncomplicated but incredibly elegant". Beautiful rooms, and I couldn't help but notice all the lovely lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE Georgian architecture... like you mentioned... the symmetry is beautiful. What I love about this home is that it's Georgian but with a modern twist (e.g., colour palette).... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos you posted. Everything is so calming and relaxed, but still elegant!

    Take care,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there it is, I've said it in public, your blog is sexy and you've been tagged! Start writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Windsor Smith... her use of color and shapes and space. Pretty post. I'm here for the first time via Maria's blog. I'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first thing I noticed in all these rooms are the gorgeous chandeliers!! And the amazing ceiling in the second picture -- I think I have that one in my inspiration file :-)

    Beautiful rooms -- most definitely elegant, but also welcoming and very comfortable looking :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. be still my heart. these rooms are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on my way to the lake but I want to come back and read/see some more !

    ReplyDelete
  10. A classic Georgian, with such beautiful light filled rooms - and pictures I have never seen before - makes for an excellent post!

    I just added you to the blog links, so sorry for the oversight as I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love symmetry...so these rooms are yummmy to me. The DR is especially nice...

    I agree, TTI, the light is amazing...great photos!

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails