It's in the Details


.
.
.
.
. .
.
.
This dining room designed by Gerald Pomeroy was featured in the 2008 Boston Design Center Dream Home. The colour combinations are brilliant with charcoal on the floor, silver and coral on the walls and blue on the ceiling. Surprisingly, that isn't a carpet, the floor is actually painted on!! Hand painted wall paper with pink and coral blossoms. A heavy armillary floats on a delicate Lucite table. At first glance it feels very formal, but the rustic table (with no linens) and a gray wash distressed server, say otherwise. The bright bouquet of pink peonies resting on the table adds a beautiful burst of colour to this very elegant and eclectic Dining room.
.

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE the rustic table. It's amazing how so many different styles work together.
    ~lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of styles. It looks like a comfortable glam room that you could sit and chat over a meal for hours. I can't believe that's not carpet on the floor - I had to look again after you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post! This dining room is so beautiful. The hand painted metallic walls are stunning with the pink and coral! I love the painted floors (i can't believe its not a carpet) and the rustic dining table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always notice the details because I do so much styling in my work! Beautiful, chic room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THat is a GORGEOUS dining room! Would love to sip champagne with friends sitting around that table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous & genius on the floor. Design and no need for carpet cleaning food comes right up...now thats perfection!!!
    Hope the fevers gone & you were able to rest up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The is a gorgeous room......you could serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in here and it would look gourmet! And I love love the floor...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! At first glance, I thought it was a carpet. That's really good painting skills.

    I sure want a carpet of that design. I need to replace my carpet which I ruined when I tried DIY cleaning. If I get a carpet of that design, I'll make sure that only a carpet cleaning Carrollton, GA professional would clean it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous - if this is 2008 I really do wonder how things look now! Wish all features had follow-ups a few years later.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails