Blue shutters









.
I often hear designers mention having an element of surprise in their designs. Well this home offers just that. While browsing a gallery of images over at House Beautiful, these beautiful blue shutters caught my eye. It's one of those design risks that could be disastrous, but results in completely rewarding. Designed by Barbara Westbrook and Kim Winkler, this updated rustic home is a mix of Belgian, antique and a modern open concept. Iron, Wood and Linens, combined with captivating distressed blue shutters make this home energizing. A simple wrought iron Canopy bed and iron bench, add to the rustic spa beauty of the bedrom. The dining table measures 7' x 5', and is double duty work surface and dinner table. And in the dining room, a dark smokey gray that feels very refreshing complimented with lovely white linens. And perhaps, what is most interesting is that this incredible home can be found in Atlanta.
.

12 comments:

  1. My dining room table doubles as my work surface....but I wish the room looked like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt as though I was in Belguim....and this home is in Atlanta!
    Peachy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those blue shutters are absolutely stunning! They definitely add a ton of energy to the room! I am loving that canopy bed too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the surprise element of the blue shutters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that you can change out your colours easily in this home. It's a great background of neutrals Belgian like linens, but shutters and blankets, pillows, etc can be changed out. I love this home.

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. It looks so calm and serene. I love it. Barbara does amazing work1

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely house. I just flew back from Atlanta and wow, I saw some of the most gorgeous homes! It was a very nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would not think to do that. stunning and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These rooms are so warm and inviting. They feel romantic and soothing. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I'd love to move right in!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice blog for those who are concerned about security both residentially and commercially. As I have got from Roller Security Shutters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shutters really adds beauty to home, these blue shutters are looking awesome. I always prefer Plantation shutters as installation was a piece of cake. The one thing that could have made it perfect is a pre drill of screw holes in the light bars. But I'm splittin' hairs. I'm a pertty happy camper.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails