Poise and Perspective


So great to see dark sofas in this family/media room. You know the room gets a lot of wear and tear, when the browns come out! Done beautifully with the big pillows with wide white grids.
.





What an entrance! Wrought Iron is so classic & elegant
.

Mill Neck, Long Island is a known site for many old world estate properties owned and enjoyed by some of New York's elite. What's fascinating about this property, is that with all it's grandeur and prestige, it feels like a home in the suburbs. It clearly is not. The architectural detailing is phenomenal, the trim work over the doors, over sized arched windows and doors , detailing on ceilings, Wrought iron staircase and so much more. Interior Designer, Sherrill Canet decided not to compete with these features, and instead chose to simplify on a collection of tailored but livable pieces. And this home feels like just that, lived in. Too often, large estates are decorated so lavishly, it's almost impossible to enjoy them for all the adornments. Not here! Here is where you really get a sense of Poise and Perspective.

All images taken from Sherrll Canet website. it's worth checking out, she has a lovely porfolio!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. The first image of the dining room is my favorite. I went to the Kips Bay show house a few years ago and her living room was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poise is the perfect word. That dining room is perfection. Sheer, utter, poised perfection. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vitania
    Thanks for popping by and your kind comments
    I love this first image. Blues/greys/browns will appeal to me everytime. Lovely room!
    JUlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These spaces are simply fantastic! Thanks so much for the inspiration, and for commenting on my blog. So happy to have another blog to follow here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous spaces! Love that spiral stair!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I don't even know where to begin, I love every image. I agree with you about the dark sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design of this house, very much my sensibility and I actually think a couple of pieces might be from my New York Showroom!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I am glad that you liked the transformation, this actually was my first showhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post - this is SO my style. Elegant, but clean lined; not totally modern, but not totally traditional either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this post!! Just gorgeous. I loved how liveable that family/media room looked and all of the fretwork on the ceilings. Great mix of dark and light throughout.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails