By The Fire

Thad Hayes
..
Some of you have already received your first or second blast of winter reality. Here in Toronto, we just missed the storm, but it'll be here on time for the Holidays. For those of you with a wood burning fireplace, you will know the the comforts of putting a few logs in, and listening to the crackle of flames, drinking some hot Irish Coffee, and cozying up to a book or a movie. These interiors are much more formal than what I grew up with, but certainly comforting just the same.
..
Barbara Barry
..
Country Living
..
Suzanne Kasler
..
Wiseman Group
..
Sadly, I am without a fireplace. I am not a fan of the gas or the electric fireplace unit. Looking at a flame just isn't the same as being surrounded with it's warmth, poking wood around to get the flame up, smelling that crisp wood burning, and listening to that wonderful crackle. So for now, we head over to my parent's house to enjoy their fireplace. We will be there for Christmas and I can hardly wait. So when we finally decide to move to another home, it's definitely a Woodburning fireplace for us, perhaps 2 or 3. A fireplace in the kitchen is a must, it's where I spend hours creating everything from elaborate dinners to glittery kids crafts . Ina Garten has a fabulous kitchen in her Hampton's home.
.
Ina Garten
..
Barbara Barry
..
Christopher Noto
....
And the ultimate luxury, a fireplace in the bedroom. How incredibly romantic and soothing to fall asleep to the sound of that warm glow, and soft crackle. The bedroom below is the ultimate in opulence. It's grandeur, floor to ceiling headboard, the Crystal chandelier and sconces, mirrored walls, creamy colour palette and of course beautiful wood fireplace.
..
Candy and Candy

13 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a burning wood fireplace I agree!
    All my friends have converted theirs into the gaz one, and I don't get it! As you say what can be compared to the homy smell and the crackling sound of a real fire!
    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the images you showed here! Me too I am a fireplace lover! I can't imagine a house without a real fireplace!
    Great post!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we move, I'm sure the one thing I would miss is a fireplace. We have two right now, and it does make you feel warm and cozy on a cold {snowy} day. I'll hope we can down-size to one with a fireplace, but we won't have it be the deal breaker! Thanks for visiting my snow post, Vitania!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful post! I actually have a fireplace in my bedroom, but it makes furniture arrangement a bit tricky. It is a gas fireplace, and my husband claims that it costs a fortune to turn the fireplace on, so it is rarely lit! My other fireplace is right next to our grand piano, so we can't light it because it might damage the piano.

    I do love the look of a fireplace, though! And, I adore the pictures you chose for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had wood burning fireplaces in my first two homes, but now have a gas fireplace. I actually don't miss the cleaning, waiting for the fire to go out, poking the fire, paying for wood, etc.. They do smell good, but it is kind of nice to flip a switch when I want a fire.

    Merry Christmas and enjoy that fire at your parent's home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sitting in front of my fireplace as we speak! It is one of my favorite things to do and I love having it decorated for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good fire...these are great! It just doesn't seem like Christmas without one.

    Very best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. My jaw dropped at that first image... the rest of the images are beautiful, too. Great post!

    Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all...Vitania...I agree one in the kitchen would be devine, I am fortunate to have three...one ugly stove pipe...which puts off the best bone warming heat, one pretty one...which barely warms you and has a very loud blower that drowns out the converstaion or tv and then the one outside on my logia which we really have enjoyed in the fall and spring, being on a small lake the wind whips right through you in the winter and it is uncomfortable...after December.
    I don't think I would ever do another one with a blower...if you loose your electricty it is pretty worthless. The stovepipe is ugly but I have seen some white ones with French legs that are pretty. I would recommend anything out doors but in Canada... I just can't imagine.
    Thank you for your comments and for stopping by to visit me... I always enjoy myself here.

    A very blessed and Merry Christmas filled with unexpected wonderful surprises and gifts from from God in heaven.

    He gives the best gifts in life, doesn't He?
    Peace and Joy,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there anything better than a cozy day or evening sitting by the fire... LOVE it!
    ENJOY the holiday season!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  11. We live in an old house and actually have 5 fireplaces. We use the one in our library (smallest room in the house) all the time. It is wood burning, and we love it. We actually put a gas one in our bedroom because we knew we would never use it if we had to lug logs upstairs. My husband tends to leave a trail when he brings the wood in the house! I love the look and feel of a fireplace-so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can anyone source that fabulous oval sunburst mirror in the Thad Hayes living room? Thanks for the winter warming post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pics!!My favourite is the last one!!
    kisses
    Etta

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails