On the Horizon



Above paintings: "Shoreline Series"
...
I am enamoured with this artists ability to blend impressionist and abstract styles. Most of his work commits one style of the other, but they definitely influence each other through colour, form and perspective. The artist, Stephen Gillberry, is from Cobourg Ontario. You can view more of his outstanding works on his site, Gillberry. Also, for you locals, he is at the One of A kind Show at the Rogers Center (Toronto, On) until Dec 06.
..



Above Paintings: "Tree Series"
..
The Tree Series above, is perhaps one of my favorites of all time. The texture, detail and depth are captivating. And since I enjoy the outdoors, rugged nature and long hikes through the woods, these pieces are perfection.
.



Above Paintings: "Horizon Series"
...
A well traveled artist, Stephen Gillberry has made his way to numerous cities around the world. From Asia, Europe and South America, studying the art of various cultures played (and continues to play) an important role in his work.
All Photos were taken from Gillberry, and you can view a collection of so many more of these fine works.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings! My favorites are the last 3 ones of the "Horizon series"!

    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amzazing, thank you for sharing such a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three series... I can't decide which is a favourite! If I had to pick one series... NO, I can't!! Each would sit wonderfully in my home!
    Victoria @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love them all...I cannot pick a favourite either

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful -- I really like those that feature the trees. What a warm look!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those paintings have so much texture one would think the could be used as a wallpaper of some sort.
    The shorelines serie is devastatingly beautiful.

    Fidji

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails