A Touch of Gold to stay


Candace Barnes
.
I love that Gold is here to stay. For a while it was all silver, platinum, nickel, chrome. I was completely converted, and thought I would never have use for gold again, not in my home or my jewellery. I have to admit, things got a little boring, silver, platinum, stainless steel, nickel, chrome, to name a few of the variations of silver. Thankfully, gold made its comeback, and is being used more tastefully than ever, in frames and lighting and occasional seating or tables. More brilliant, is the delicate balance of mixing the two finishes to create quite the opulent look.
.
Thomas Pheasant
.
Phoebe Howard
.

House and Home
.
And then of course, the relaxed interiors. Creamy white walls, even crisp white walls, Slip- covered sofas, natural fabrics, bright sunlight, and the golden kiss; in a mirror, a sconce or picture frame. It adds incredible warmth and sophistication with the smallest detail. Below, Mariette Himes Gomez, (who is Brilliant and one of my faves) managed to make an antique breakfast nook, look modern, functional and refreshing.
.
Mariette Himes Gomez
.

12 comments:

  1. I agree! I still have just as many hits on my gold lighting as the other finishes. Many items that mix the gold with other finishes are also popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that desk in the Phoebe Howard picture is just stunning. I'd work for hours on end sitting at something so beautiful. : )

    Cheers,
    Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am glad to hear it as I have a very large gold mirror over our great room fireplace mantel {and I'm not changing it out}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo lovely fireplace in that second last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gold and love to mix it.
    Wonderful pictures.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was one who did not favor gold (I had in my head those gaudy images from the 1980s... or at least I made them up). But these are just gorgeous-- love it! ANd, I love to see how it works with grey, since I typically think of silver with grey.

    Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was a child, I remember having a distinct preference for silver. When I got engaged 18 years ago, I wanted (and got) platinum - NO one was doing platinum at that point (everyone was still doing gold). I even remember someone commenting in a deprecating sort of way how 'quaint' my platinum engagement ring and wedding band were. And yet - the public areas of my house are really all about gold and warm tones. My favorite is 'gilver' - the perfect midway point between silver and gold, usually achieved with a silver base and a gold glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am with Things That Inspire,
    'gilver', or antiqued silver as she describes is the best of both worlds.
    it is certainly my fav finish,
    and it is forgiving when it comes to any new introductions in the room that you may wish to add at a later date.

    ps i just went to your iron/work web site.
    exquisite pieces you have chosen.

    xx merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I never used to love gold...I was a glittery silver kind of gal but I have to admit I really LOVE how the gold looks!! These rooms are goegrous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree!

    I'm super happy to be back amoungst gold. I actually find that I'm seeing more metals being appreciated than ever before, which is really nice. I carefully mix warm copper, tarnished and new silver, and tarnished gold in my space. I'm living it.

    I really like this collection of images that you have put together.(especially the fourth!)

    I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Verdi, quick question. The names below the photographs are the names of the interior designers or the photographers? Sorry if it sounds stupid lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog today - its fabulous! These images are all so beautiful - I also love gold as it has a warmth about it. Blogs have taken over magazines in my house -talented bloggers like you have a real nack for providing us with great photos and information that we are interested in. I'm a follower now and looking forward to seeing your future posts.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails