Smooth Transition


You know the trick to a successful transitional interior is good editing. You can't have it all, but you can have the best of both. No one knows this better than the incredibly talented Laura Bohn. Her design portfolio is filled with upscale, modern, polished interiors.
.

The elegant dining room makes a large but simple statement with white walls, punchy art and dramatic crystal chandelier.. Below, the library / office is surrounded in custom wood shelving, but with very clean lines.
.
This modern bedroom is inviting and soothing. A perfectly paired down retreat to begin and end your day in. The palette is warm with natural wood, and calming when paired with misty gray.
.
Traditional floor to ceiling tiles and light fixture in the master bath. A smooth finish surrounds the bath, with one bold step into a smooth lined soaker tub. The lack of window covering is compensated by the beautiful views.
..


Unfortunately, there is no photo of the exterior entrance to the house. But this entryway is fabulous ! It is so modern, it sets a completely different expectation from what awaits you around the corner. Smart and deceptive..:-)
.

11 comments:

  1. So lovely! I adore the master bath - it is a design you see in many track style homes but with the tile and step she transformed it into a beautiful space.
    xx-Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful house, and it does transition well in its interiors. But the starkness and bareness of its interior do not at all reflect the intricate balance of the outside with its lavish landscapes and gorgeous contrast of the paneling and wood trim. I would have wished for something more welcoming and warm. Great post, though. It is always fun to look at something that makes you stop and think about it for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The mix of classic elements and the modern edgy feel is fabulous. The front door is to die for as well as that stunning painting next to it. I love how she mixes an ornate crystal chandelier with the simplicity of a clean lined table. Thank you for sharing such a talented designer with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interiors of Laura Bohn! Beautiful post!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to see a home built around nature - the views are paramount in every room, and what spectacular views they are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really beautiful. I love how polished the look is while remaining family-friendly. The dining room view... I would spend the day in that room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I quite like the decor in this home, it's the windows - and the view beyond - that had my eye. Each photo I found myself looking out the window. Beautiful! I hope you'll drop by DesignTies soon and check out the bathroom I just (finally!) completed for my first client. I'm proud of my work!
    Victoria @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the exterior shot of the house. Beautiful and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, of course I always notice the art and would love to see more! The diptych is amazing and has inspired me to do a repeat of a recent work!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the introduction. I am usually more attracted to a traditional setting. I love the way she mixes it in with her contemporary style here. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails