Glossed Over

When it comes paint finish, I think most of us will agree, the number one finish choice is eggshell. So you can imagine my joy to see this home designed by Alliscon Caccoma, where she used an abundance of glossy paints to polish walls and celiings.  In this bright and spacious home, the gloss finish reflects all nautral light and takes your eyes, straight through to the outdoors.  The ceilings in picture below look like an endless outdoor sky, because of the depth they reflect.
 

 
Who could resist featuring this interesting piece of furniture



I am not sure who styled this photo, but the tulips dripping off this marble countertop are gorgeous..  The bright pink, purple flowers and turquoise vaise with branches unite all the inspiring colours throughout this home.
 

Avoiding a typical blue ceiling, here in the sunroom, she used a high gloss yellow that gives this room a great feeling of height and warmth.


This soft blue gloss paint in the bedroom feels crisp and polished, it compliments beautifully the textures of the headboard and chaise below.  Paired with this pale orange, it's a refreshing space to wake up to.

Allison Caccoma's website is filled with more images of this home, and it was also featured in House Beautiful..  All Images from House Beautiful.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - thanks for sharing. I am not brave enough to paint my ceiling a high-gloss yellow. Love the lattice - I wonder if it gets dusty/cobwebs? Or maybe it is not as "recessed" as it appears.
    -Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful home! And I love this kind of lighting in that kitchen.
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she has some smooth walls with all of those glassy finishes. The rooms you're pictured here are indeed beautiful but in my humble opinion they'd be warmer and more beautiful with a couple coats of flat paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photos! I agree, the tulips dangling off the counter is so lovely. That picture just makes me happy...all that pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home. I love the vases, especially the one in the kitchen on the sideboard. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. The higher the sheen, the more you call attention to whatever it's covering. I think we miss out creating a really spectacular space when using only one finish in a room.

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad to see pics of another type of paint finish other then flat and/or eggshell. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when people take a risk with their design. I think the high gloss makes quite a statement, but I think you need to make sure your wall conditions are perfect before attempting to recreate this look....oh, and have a GREAT painter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vitania, I absolutely LOVE this house!! The flowers are also gorgeous, and would I ever love to know where the turquoise vase comes from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the high gloss is so glamorous and chic. It's certainly a risky move, but the end result is gorgeous and has depth. Thanks so much for sharing the photos of this beautiful home. - Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE love love all the flowers in these rooms!!!
    Bon week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am GAH GAH over that chair as well!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My faves ~ the chair and the yellow ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so refreshing to see someone do something bold, like put a high gloss yellow on a ceiling :) The house is all a breathe of fresh air. Spring is definitely in the air.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails