Seaside Blues


Well here is a little colour inspiration if, like me, you still have the blues.  Of course, it helps that this shingle style home is located right on the sea, and draws so much of it's colour from right outside the windows.  But I think even in the suburbs, a palette like this will be refreshing and comforting year long.   

This homes architectural features are exquisite.  Above, is a circular library located in the tower, with it's domed ceiling and exposed mahogany beams creating a dramatic play on light.   The entrance hall, has a fireplace, and the detailing on the French Doors and Windows are delightful, especially when stained dark.  Ceilings are arched and trimmed to perfection, and in the master bedrooms, the ceiling is stipple painted to look like the sky. 


By the large seating areas by the pool and  in both the family and living rooms, this is clearly a home that was built for large groups to enjoy.  The home is also outfitted with a guest house,  a bowling alley, fully equipped gym , and naturally a bar and pool table. 
The home was originally featured in AD October 2008.  Although, it is filled with countless exorbitant details, Interior Designer Anne Mullin Segerson did a fabulous of job of making it tasteful and unpretentious.   Architecture by Robert A. M. Stern Architects. 

17 comments:

  1. I will surely have sweet dreams tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful summer rooms! I love the first image with the coral and ocean blue colors. Very fresh and casual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert Sterns designs the most stunning houses.. This one is particularly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second image is soooo calming to me! I could remain in that photo a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had me at "seaside" ... WOW! beautiful...*le sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'd be content to just sit on that porch and rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is how I was meant to live! How wonderful. The ceilings were the first thing I noticed. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous house! I'd love to spend my summers there. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was googling pochoir and one of your photos showed up. I absolutely love love love the one with the two girls underneathe the cherry blossom tree. Would you happen to know the title and/or artist of it? It'd be much appreciated! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI there Rachel
    I love Pochoirs - I think it's time for a little update here too.

    The artist in of the picture you like is George Barbier, title "L'Arc en Ciel" orginal plate 1920.

    email me if you would like more info...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely. I'm a blue-eyed blonde & turquoise has always been my favorite. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue and flax... I have been integrating those colors throughout my house, and loving it! What do I need to do to get a house like this one? Dear Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello and thanks so much for stopping by La Lamp Shade!

    xoxo,

    Raina
    If the Lamp Shade Fits

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool blue! Great post, check out also our 3D Rendering

    ReplyDelete
  15. such gorgeous pics, I just keep coming back to look over this post.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails