The Calm space: Happiness is Wanting What You've Got!


You know that old song from Cheryl Crow, “I’m gonna soak up the sun, I’m gonna tell everyone, To lighten up”? I love that song. It’s a happy song, and every time I hear it reminds me of what really matters. My beautiful family, my friends, my home and the wonderful memories I have made over the years. There is another line in that song that helps me put some things into perspective, especially when I see something in a magazine that I think I need, like a whole new kitchen. The line is, “it’s not having what you want, its wanting what you’ve got”. Isn’t that the truth? I often find myself dreaming of things I want, I forget I have everything I need.    READ MORE

I am over at the Calm Space this week with an article on being Happy with what you'lve got.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more -- and what a beautiful title to start off with! I am going to link you to my Monday's post of delightful finds... this certainly is. I hope you have a fantastic weekend :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wise words - I should try and remember them. Thanks ;-) Have a lovely weekend, Love from London x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yes and no. I agree that it's good to be happy in the life you have - but there's no reason not to aspire to 'better' things, as long as it doesn't become your focus for living. I'm currently living in a house that, 5 years ago, I wouldn't have accepted as a summer rental! But I'm making small changes, as our business grows and my funds replenish - and I enjoy 'wanting' and working to make this house better than what it currently is. That doesn't stop me from enjoying the cardinals that stop by the bird feeder outside my window every day - but I'll enjoy them just as much when the window no longer tilts in the wall at a crazy angle.

    xo

    ps. great article and a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails