Little House on the lake



Lately, I have been dreaming of a little house by the lake. Nothing too fancy, just a place to escape to on hot summer weekends, or even crisp fall days.   A few small bedrooms to rest our heads in and one big happy open space to relax in when we aren't out by the water.  I don't want a gourmet kitchen, 'cause I don't want to cook.  Everything should be easy and relaxed and clutter free. A great wall of windows to enjoy the view, and plenty of comfortable seating both inside and out.  A wood burning fireplace is a must for those chilly fall evenings, and I love the idea of decorating with found objects. 


This wonderful Lake house was designed by Bear Hill Interiors out of Little Rock, Arkansas.  I can't wait to share another one of their remarkable interiors.   


11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I would love to have a small home too, if possible by the sea:-)

    Dream on!

    XO

    Lise M.
    www.urbanstylevibes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have been dreaming of this too. A realyl secluded, quiet getaway from the city to relax and cool off by the water. Such a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah to dream.... what a lovely spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a simple, fresh inviting house...just can imagine jumping in the lake before breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, beautiful photos. I like the idea of a mellow kitchen and a fireplace. Nice laid back place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous porch, and of course I love the subway tile! A stunning home all around, while I prefer the ocean, my husband prefers lakes and rivers, so we will probably end up on a lake when we retire (not that I have a problem with that!). Lovely little world here, happy to find you and happy to be your newest follower! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a little home on the water too. It just seems like you could slow down for a little while and take a few deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I come too? Love this....perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing says lake home like white washed wood. What a clean getaway to unwind and de-stress. I think we all need that little break in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh we are so on the same page :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely home. Love Brett & Kevin's home on the lake. Brings back memories of summers spent at my grandparents lake house.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails