Colour and Composition

Atmospheric Light 72 x 72 Acrylic On  Canvas

The Lake 30 x 30 Acrylic on Canvas

A change of Season 48 x 60 Acrylic on Canvas

Changing Light 30 x 48 Acrylic on Canvas

These beautiful works of art are the perfectly balanced brush strokes of artist Mark Bowles.  A California native and artist for the last 30 years.  I stumbled across his works while browsing an art magazine, and I was completely captivated, by the light, and intensity of colour.  This exquisite collection of abstract landscapes is just a sample of how he explores vivid colour, composition and texture, and on such a large scale.  What a pleasure it would be to see in person.
You can explore more work  on his website Mark Bowles, or visit his work in galleries across the US.

Landscape #72 60 x 60 Acrylic on Canvas

Slight Change of Season 57 x 44 Acrylic on Canvas

Summer Heat 60 x 60 Acrylic on Canvas

Ocean View 48 x 60 Acrylic On Canvas

4 comments:

  1. I love his work, the color and intensity are stunning! I will visit his site!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love horizon lines - I always wonder what colour or what texture is at the end of the line...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful... my favorite is summer heat... very vibrant and gorgeous.



    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful! I think no.6 is my most favorite of all... somehow the colors just call my name. Thanks for sharing such amazing work :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails