Elegant and Easy Kitchen



I really do love a modern kitchen.  I love a clean and simplistic, clutter free space that will allow me to focus on being a creative cook.  It requires a large work surface to feed a hungry crowd on the go, or entertain in an relaxed setting. This one, featured in House Beautiful some time back, has me ready to take a sledge hammer to my current culinary situation.  It has everything I want and all I can dream of.   The extra long counter space, all that gorgeous marble, (that would be Calcutta Gold) , seamless cabinets, 6 burner professional oven,  the farmhouse sink, a fireplace (stop it!), built in china cabinet, and all the vintage hardware details.  It's elegant and easy, and it's utterly fabulous.



10 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite kitchens; I discovered it on architect William Hefner's site long before it was in HB (it is in his personal home), and featured the steel windows in my post on that topic. It was SO gratifying to see the rest of the kitchen! I fine the second sink to be interesting - tucked into the butler's pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly - I honestly thought of you when i was putting this post together. I am so pleased it's on your list, it's one of my faves too. The entire kichen is stacked with details without feeling too busy or too large.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely my kind of kitchen. I LOVE that custom hood for the power pac ... it's really beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kitchen is Beautiful. I would call it transitional. Traditional with contemporary clean lines, but the warmth of an european home. Love the steel windows. What an ideal kitchen to work in. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great kitchen! Love the uncluttered venue and the chairs.......Maryanne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only is this a great modern kitchen and a great functional culinary haven but I love the fact that it is also the perfect kitchen for entertaining. Simple elegance, plenty of seating, open and spacious, plus it looks opens up onto a beautiful patio. It doesn't get more perfect than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that window is beyond words. i could eat breakfast there everyday for the rest of my life and never get sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love kitchens like this that fuse old world elegance with everyday practicality. Great images and beautiful blog :) Paris in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saving that kitchen to my inspiration folder. I will be gaining a black kitchen table in the near furniture and love the clean look of this space! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice suggestions i love my kitchen i always try to change something new in it .

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails