Glamorous LIfe


Dara Caponigro's first issue of Veranda as Editor in Chief did not disappoint. September 2010 is a fabulous issue, and I couldn't resist featuring this very French inspired home.  It belongs to Atlanta based designer, Melanie Turner, and it is a true reflection of life on the glamorous sized.  Very polished, but relaxed and inviting. 

The image above made the front cover and it's not surprise,  The dining room chairs are brilliantly covered in white, with  exception of the back that is covered in yellow velvet.  The chairs are Suzanne Kasler, (of course, that is why I love them)  The yellow colour scheme is carried through the kitchen and to an adjacent sitting room. 


Hickory Chair Velvet Sofa, and this great side table by Oly.

  

Melanie Turner's home is filled with contrasts of modern and antique, light and dark (especially with dark stained floors and white walls) and glamorous and  ultra comfort. 


10 comments:

  1. Glamorous indeed! The living room is beautiful but that staircase is what stole my heart...love it!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly did not! It was very inspiring, again... I had nearly lost hope in Veranda -- finding it to "stuffy" for my liking and very repetitive. I think this issue will begin to mend any lost readership -- I used to be such a fan, and they have me back...

    I hope your weekend was lovely, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is gorgeous and so elegant without being too formal. Love the clean lines and lightness of the house. The kitchen is divine!

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep missing your blog posts on twitter so I have just subscribed to get them in my email. I have a lot of catching up to do! I've been missing these great posts of yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This issue was amazing-loved it all! Melanie Turner's home is perfection to me...I could move right in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, there isn't one thing about any of it that isn't divine!!

    the palette is so inviting!

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading your blog for some time and just love these photos. I could move right in! So pretty and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful home!! So many gorgeous things to look at... what caught my eye are the Oly table, the green chair with contrasting piping in the bedroom, and the gorgeous chandeliers. I also really like the mirrored wall in the dining room.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bedroom is simply stunning! I love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could not agree more. This issue was a fabulous start for Dara!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails