Stay for Dinner

We have seen a bit of a trend over the years almost eliminating the formal dining room all together.  Open concept homes have accommodated for larger kitchen tables, that over look a family room, where people can roam freely.  But truthfully, I can't imagine my home without a formal dining space.  It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I love to cook, and sit around a table full of guests.   Here are just a few that have captured my interest lately.  An ideal dining room, can expand to fit 8-12 comfortably, has easy access to the kitchen, and an escape to the outdoors. 


First image House Beautiful, the following two from House and Home.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the top two!
    Especially the first with that quilted (?) tablecloth!
    I use tablecloth a lot, they just add something to a table setting.
    Instant elegance!
    We do not have a formal dining room, but a dining room, where every meal takes place. We love the intimacy of our dinners and had endless guests around this table. There is nothing better than to gather around after a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I don't have a formal dining room and everyone says they are totally wasted space but I keep thinking how much I would LOVE one- they're just so elegant and I love how dining rooms are often the place for great pattern/textile/wallpaper. I'm jealous that you have such a room and if I ever move, definitely will be looking for one- gorgeous inspiration photos btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that there is nothing more special than spending an evening with friends sitting in a beautiful dining room after a home cooked meal. It is such a simple luxury that has been neglected in home design lately. I hope more people opt to include dining rooms in their homes so that they have a special place to entertain. Thanks for sharing these pictures - these rooms are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'accepte de rester à dîner dans votre première pièce... Bises

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Having a formal dining room is great especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first two images. Sitting around a beautiful set table enjoying a lovely home cooked meal with friends is a perfect evening in my book. Finding the time, making the effort to do this is something that sadly does not happen as often as it used to. Unfortunately, the dining room in our house had to make way for a cozy office/library, needless to say, it has never had more use. :) XO

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails