Building New Traditions




Gracing the pages of Veranda Magazine for Jan - Feb 2011, is this beautiful Colonial home built in Connecticut, by Harrison Design Associates, and decorated by none other than Suzanne Kasler.  In this stately home, the owners opted for paired down and relaxed style, to accommodate a young and growing family. The home has ten and eleven foot ceilings, every inch of which is covered by exquisite trim work, and of course, dramatic lighting to balance all that height.  But for the most part, you really do get a sense that you can kick up your feet in any of these well dressed rooms.






The home is filled with an array of fabrics from velvets by Nancy Corzine, and linens, printed wallpapers and painted paneling, and no shortage of colour.  Kasler has a remarkable gift for generously filling a home with a large spectrum of colours, without making it look like a candy jar.  There are blues, and greens, oranges and pinks, and they all flow seamlessly into each other. 



Yes, I love this picture too. It reminds you of the Oscar De La Renta Carrie Bradshaw wore on her date to the Opera with Aleksandr Petrovsky.


Hard to believe the home is a new build with the wonderful fieldstone facade in the front.  The architecture is a great example of re-working traditional styles and materials to accommodate modern living. The entryway below is captivating and inviting. Built to stand the test of time, both inside and out, it is sure to serve this growing family as it evolves.

16 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful home. Love the color used in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such perfection.
    really.

    i can usually find something i don't like about a space, a piece of furniture, or anything else i might be looking at.
    (focusing on the negative,is a real handicap in relationships}

    but this home is exquisite.
    and so are your many posts!!!
    thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite part of that house were the fretwork covered, mirrored wainscoting. So gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home, Vitania! Love the arched doorways! The butler's pantry reminds me of the one in our home. It was one of the things that drew us to the house some 30 years ago and is always a favorite place for people to congregate when we have company. Something about small spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this home is stunning. I think Suzanne's designs are masterful.

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne Kasler is such a pro. Beautiful and timeless! Love that bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes very reminisant of Carrie going to the Opera.... I love the splash of pink in the picture.


    The bedroom is my dream....

    And the back entry way ( I am assuming the back), That is my super dream.

    ♥♥

    Ciao Ciao Bella Donna

    Check out my Give Away @
    http://hotfreezingfashion.blogspot.com/
    Sharing Lots of Love n Fun!
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The interiors are lovely - the architectural detailing and millwork are beautiful. And I absolutely adore the entry, pantry and mudroom. I'm not as crazy about the exterior. I live in this neck of the woods and this is just a tad too mcmansion-y for me. Kassler did a beautiful job warming up the space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing this home makes me wish I was very, very, very rich!!
    ~Pam @ Cherish Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  10. Timeless ... when can I move my stuff in??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, inside & out!

    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  12. C'est une très belle propriété... j'aime beaucoup le perron.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely adore Suzanne Kasler! I love her classic elegant style. I could just stare at these photos all day! I must pick up her book - it is on my must read list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is pure perfection! I love every single room and that doesn't happen very often. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos. I am featuring photos of celebs homes which are also quite fabulous please check out my new blog if you can..thanks!

    www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those storage areas in photo #9 are amazing! I’m sure my Mother will love this post. I just hope she can get enough of those because I just can’t. The closets are awesome too. I will definitely send the link of your blog to her. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails