On Your Plate



A few years back, when I was out shopping for my china, I stood in awe of all the beautiful patterns and colours before me. Another shopper, leaned in to my ear and said, "Food always looks best on a white dish."  Then she gestured to a classic white place setting, and rearranged a few things and without even looking at me said, "And when you get tired...." and she reached over to another setting where there was a beautiful traditional blue and white salad plate, and placed on top of the setting.  

I ended up picking a beautiful white bone china setting with a silver trim on it.  The other day I was walking by a store, and the Wedgwood Pashmina plate caught my eye. The colours and beautiful floral, would be a beautiful addition to my set.  The Alessi Foix tray, is a piece that I picked up and absolutely treasure. It's stainless steel, with a mirrored finish.  I need to add a few more pieces like this one to my collection.


Happy Thursday!


5 comments:

  1. Great pics:) i really like your blog..so much nice inspiration. I wish you a lovely weekend.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simple the plates are with the perfect amount of detail. I inherited my set from my mom which has gold on the edges and is wavy in texture. I think it's King Louis the lV ......?????? Anyways, I love the silver lining. BTW, I have just tagged you in a game. When time allows, go check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a sucker for Alessi. I treasure my pieces too! The Alessi juicer is an especially good conversation starter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey
    I enjoy your blog!, This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, I do appreciate the writing
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails