Blue Boathouse








Style at Home magazine took my breath away this month with this fabulous cottage in Peterborough, Ontario.  After spending a few days in the outdoors canoeing and camping, it got me thinking of  the ultimate retreat.  This beautiful cottage certainly takes the cake, with a pairing of deep see blue and luxurious gold.  The entire space is a play on rustic and refined; from delicate antiques to shingled walls.  It's not to be taken too seriously, even with it's sophisticated furnishings.  And I love that the boathouse was clearly built to include a platform for jumping into the lake.


More images and full story at Style at Home

9 comments:

  1. That’s too nice, when it comes in furniture hope it can make a rocking place for the kids bedrooms, hope that comes true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love blue and white. So clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love blue and white. So clean, crisp and fresh always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lighting in the kitchen...how perfect! It's a lovely home with just the right vibe... That last picture really got me too - what a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how lucky I'd be if I were staying here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely breathtaking! I'm so happy I came across your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loving those Shingles in the interior of the living room in the first shot. Breathtakingly fresh and inspiring. I could do without the damask yellow fabric on the Sofas in the fifth photo though. The Blue seat and white back on the dining chairs are adorable and very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura, I kind of thought the golden damask was a little old school too, but then I love that vintage feel. And if you see the rest of the house, the bedroom is completely yellow, it all ties in nicely..

      I hope life is treating you well sweet friend!!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails